Spartan Performance Throwing Program
IMPROVE THROWING VELOCITY
AND REDUCE THE RISK OF INJURY
The goals of the Throwing Program are two-fold: 1) decrease the risk of injury to the throwing arm, and 2) increase throwing velocity. This will be accomplished through traditional "pre-hab" rotator cuff exercises, education on proper arm care, and the patented resistance throwing cord used to assist the throwing athlete to improve the specific musculature used in throwing. We will also utilize Dartfish motion analysis system to highlight biomechanical throwing patterns.
The Throwing Cord has been used by several major league baseball and NFL quarterbacks. Typical results show a 3-5 mph increase in baseball throwing velocity after a 6-week program.
Training sessions include:
- 10 min Dynamic warm-up and "pre-hab" rotator cuff exercises
- 20 min Throwing cord exercises
- 20 min Lower body and core/rotational strength and power exercises
- Handouts on sports nutrition for proper recovery and performance
- Handouts on proper arm care